[Cocci] perhaps a bug

Robert Larice Robert.Larice at t-online.de
Sun Apr 29 15:43:50 CEST 2018

Julia Lawall <julia.lawall at lip6.fr> writes:

> On Sun, 29 Apr 2018, Robert Larice wrote:
>
>> Julia Lawall <julia.lawall at lip6.fr> writes:

>> > Thanks for the report.  It looks like a bug.  But everything is fine if
>> > you removed the --defined BOO.
>> >
>> > julia
>>
>> Yes, in this example it works without this --defined announcement.
>>
>> I stumbled on this with something more complex, which for some
>>  reason I don't understand yet ignores a wanted transformation
>>  in a #ifdef..#endif, except if I add such a --defined.
>> Only then it honours my transformation, but fails with this bug.
>
> I don't think the --defined option has been tested much.  Perhaps without
> the --defined there is a parse error on the function.
>
> julia

Hello Julia,

  I've attached a ripped down example to show the behaviour
    with regard to the #ifdef
  Without the --defined, nothing gets tranformed.
  I don't see a parsing problem so far.
  Perhaps you can have a look and get an idea why
    here the --defined is important.
  I've seen other transformations where this was not necessairy.

Best Regards,
  Robert