[Cocci] perhaps a bug

Robert Larice Robert.Larice at t-online.de
Sun Apr 29 15:06:17 CEST 2018

Julia Lawall <julia.lawall at lip6.fr> writes:

> On Sun, 29 Apr 2018, Robert Larice wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>   attached is a small example which does something strange
>>     to a  "int i, j;" within a "#ifdef..."
>>   Perhaps this points to a bug in coccinelle,
>>   Would you please check ?
>
> Thanks for the report.  It looks like a bug.  But everything is fine if
> you removed the --defined BOO.
>
> julia

Yes, in this example it works without this --defined announcement.

I stumbled on this with something more complex, which for some
 reason I don't understand yet ignores a wanted transformation
 in a #ifdef..#endif, except if I add such a --defined.
Only then it honours my transformation, but fails with this bug.

I certainly will try to work around somehow.

Regards,
  Robert