[Cocci] make install broken

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at mykolab.com
Wed Oct 11 21:09:35 CEST 2017

Hello Thierry,

On 10/11/2017 03:42 PM, Thierry Martinez wrote:
> I wrote:
>> I just pushed on GitHub a more portable way for determining the path
> of the
> executable relying on proc_pidpath
>
> I just noticed that you will need the libproc-dev package from your
there is no such thing in Fedora. I found a procps-ng-devel but that
doesn't provide libproc.h.

> distribution to compile (Debian or Ubuntu, name on other distribution
I'm checking Debian but cannot find a libproc there either:
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libproc
The libproc-* is for perl.
There are libprocps packages but the .h files in those seem to match
what Fedora has in procps-ng-devel.

A quick search finds libproc.h on github but that has an Apple copyright
in it. It's basically this one:
https://opensource.apple.com/source/xnu/xnu-2422.1.72/libsyscall/wrappers/libproc/libproc.h.auto.html

> may vary). I will update install.txt and provide a fallback if the
> function is not available (probably by reading /proc/self/exe if it
> exists, otherwise by considering "_" as before).
>
> Thank you for the report.
> --
> Thierry.

bye