[Cocci] Parse error with genl-const.cocci

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Fri Dec 1 10:29:02 CET 2017

Hi Julia,

On Fri, 2017-12-01 at 10:18 +0100, Julia Lawall wrote:

> The attribute metavariable declaration has become attribute name, to be
> more like eg declarer name, iterator name, etc.

So we have to write

attribute name __genl_const;

right?

> The handling of attributes has also been extended so that you can actually
> match against them in some cases, such as on function declarations.  On
> the oher hand, nothing was done to allow attributes in front of types that
> are alone.

Very cool!

> I can try to fix this.  In the short term, perhaps using 1.0.4 is
> acceptable.

To me that's OK, I'll try to keep it in mind.

Can we do some "#ifdef" type syntax in spatch on the version of it? :-)

I guess I could also have two different versions of the patch and write
some code to pick up which one to use, but that's a bit awkward ...

But let me know if you can't actually fix this (easily), then I can do
that instead.

johannes