[Cocci] The Coccinelle repository on GitHub

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 6 16:12:39 CET 2016

> For those of you who were downloading Coccinelle from GitHub, we recommaend
> that you remove your current clone of the GitHub repository and do a fresh
>
> git clone https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle.git

Do try to indicate that the previous GitHub repository was not really compatible
with the repository for the complete software development history?

Are there any chances to achieve that a command like "git checkout master
&& git pull" will also work without merge conflicts (if the suggested fresh
software copy would be omitted)?