[Cocci] Parsing errors in several headers

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Tue Oct 28 19:24:28 CET 2014

Hi!

I'm very new to Coccinelle and I don't understand why spatch(1) returns
parsing errors on some headers and what I can do about that.

== First example ==

Header to parse:
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/sys/ofed/include/linux/bitops.h

Full spatch command line and output:
http://pastebin.com/DbNhBAF7

spatch(1) fails to parse the #define at the end of the header. This
#define starts a for() loop and uses functions declared ealier in the
same file.

== Second example ==

Header to parse:
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/sys/ofed/include/linux/spinlock.h

Full spatch command line and output:
http://pastebin.com/C0h5ZN7r

Here, it doesn't like the last #define again. This #define calls other
macros defined in other headers.

FYI, I'm using Coccinelle 1.0.0rc19 on FreeBSD.

Can somebody help me understand what's wrong here?

Thanks!

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron