[Cocci] sgen problems

Wolfram Sang wsa at the-dreams.de
Sat Oct 18 08:13:47 CEST 2014

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 08:02:00AM +0200, Julia Lawall wrote:
> > @fix1_context depends on match1 && !patch && (context || org || report)@
> > identifier match1.__driver;
> > position j0;
> > @@
> >
> > * 	static struct platform_driver __driver at j0 = {
> > 		.driver = {
> > 			.owner = THIS_MODULE,
> > 		}
> > 	};
> >
> > @fix2_context depends on match2 && !patch && (context || org || report)@
> > identifier match2.__driver;
> > position j0;
> > @@
> >
> > * 	static struct platform_driver __driver at j0 = {
> > 		.driver = {
> > 			.owner = THIS_MODULE,
> > 		}
> > 	};
>
> In these cases, I think it would look nicer to put the *s and the @j0's
> on .owner rather than at the start of the structure.

Is this a manual fix or a fix to sgen?

> Unless there is some situation in which the transformation is not
> required, I think High confidence would be appropriate.

The calls I check for always set .owner. So it should be 'high', I'd
guess. However, if the behavioue of these calls are ever to be changed
there is a risk that this spatch gets not updated. More like a general
problem, though, which does not really influence the confidence.