[Cocci] Remove unnecessary null pointer checks?

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 26 22:01:00 CET 2014

> On the other hand, you should not be using linux-stable when working on
> the Linux kernel.  Patches should apply to linux-next, ie the very latest
> version of all of the code.

The discussed semantic patches can be tried out with every version a
software developer or reviewer might be interested in. I am going to
retry them with the newest source files as you suggest.

> This is an unfortunate constraint on the use of PCRE regular expressions.
> I will try to track it down.

Thanks for your feedback.

- Do you need any excerpt from my log files?
- Does the message 'EXN:Invalid_argument("equal: abstractvalue")'
indicate that the desired source code analysis is influenced in unwanted
ways?