[Cocci] Source code analysis with big regular expressions?

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 25 22:19:19 CET 2014

> Those two lines at least are not from Coccinelle, so I guess that they are
> from the PCRE implementation.

Are there any chances to retrieve a more detailed error information?

> The regular expression engine is just not likely to be designed to support
> such a large regular expression.

I would try to compare the processing of big patterns with similar interfaces
from other software.

> If you like you can give each of the function names one by one as a
> command line argument.

I imagine that this approach will result also in different opinions about a
useful patch granularity.
http://lwn.net/Articles/585782/