[Cocci] Remove unnecessary null pointer checks?

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 24 11:55:22 CET 2014

> There is no need to put the ? else es.

Thanks for your explanation.

I get a "surprise" if I try out the following SmPL variant.

@safety_check@
identifier function, input;
type data_type;
position pos;
statement is, es;
@@
 void function at pos(...,data_type input,...)
 {
( if (!input) return;
| if (input) is else es
)
 }

@script:python collection depends on safety_check@
typ << safety_check.data_type;
fun << safety_check.function;
point << safety_check.input;
places << safety_check.pos;
@@
store_positions(fun, typ, point, places)

Response:
875 883
Fatal error: exception Failure("scriptmeta: parse error:
 = File "list_input_parameter_validation3.cocci", line 43, column 20,  charpos = 875
    around = 'function', whole content = fun << safety_check.function;

Can such names be reused which are key words at other places?