[Cocci] 答复: 答复: Fatal error: exception Failure("no python")

Julia Lawall julia.lawall at lip6.fr
Sat Feb 15 07:18:04 CET 2014

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014, 林嘉(程二 福州) wrote:

> Sorry , I didn’t describe clearly.  Well,  The step is following:
>
> 1  I installed cocc by using deb package 'coccinelle_0.2.3.deb-1_i386.deb' at first.   All is ok.

This is not good at all.  But I am not sure why you are using that
version.  That is from the old stable version of Debian.  The current
stable version is 1.0.0-rc12.

> 2 Then I think its version may be too low. So I downloaded the source of
> version 1.0 and make install.  All is ok.

Did you run ./configure?  I'm surprised that it owuld let you run make
without doing that.  ./configure will normally succeed, but I believe it
says at the end what features it managed to find.

> 3 I made some 'apt-get install upgrade and update' for another reason, I
> didn’t think it has something to do with cocc.
>
> 4  the problem occur when I use cocc.
>
> 5 I found I can run cocc by "/usr/bin/spatch " , but not by "spatch ", I
> think there is some chaos in the cocc config now, see following...

Coccinelle goes in /usr/local/bin

> root at debian:~/windows/ctest/cocc# /usr/bin/spatch -version
> spatch version 0.2.3 with Python support
> root at debian:~/windows/ctest/cocc# spatch -version
> spatch version 1.0.0-rc19 without Python support and with Str regexp support
> root at debian:~/windows/ctest/cocc#

Clearly it has not found python during the configure operation.  Maybe if
you rerun configure and save the output in a file, you will find the
problem.

julia