[Cocci] Dynamic construction of SmPL constraints

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 23 22:42:25 CET 2014

>> I see that there are some development challenges when I would like
>> to construct SmPL constraints in the way that they will take the directory
>> hierarchy for a source file into account.
>> How can this functionality be achieved?
>
> You always have the file name information available in a position
> variable.
>
> Without knowing concretely what you want to do that is the only suggestion
> that I have.

I try to prepare my semantic patches for name space issues with the
C programming language. A few of my SmPL approaches should be applicable in
general ways so that I can avoid efforts at other places.

It seems that SmPL constraints are set up at start of the program "spatch".
I imagine that more fine-tuning will help to achieve safer and better
handling of relevant background information at the moment when a concrete
source file should be analysed.
The directory hierarchy should influence the identifier selection somehow,
shouldn't it?