[Cocci] how to debug missing match?

Wolfram Sang wsa at the-dreams.de
Sun Dec 21 11:20:55 CET 2014

> does not result in anything although three drivers should match IMO with
> the same pattern as the pmu driver above. Both use
> platform_driver_register() and both have the .owner field set.
>
> drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm112.c
> drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm72.c
> drivers/macintosh/windfarm_rm31.c
>
> How can I debug why the match does not occur?

So, I found "--verbose-parsing" to be helpful which gives me:

parse error
 = File "drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm112.c", line 685, column 4, charpos = 17702
    around = 'nr_cores', whole content = 		++nr_cores;

which basically means that it can't handle for_each_node_by_type()?

bad: 	for_each_node_by_type(cpu, "cpu")
BAD:!!!!! 		++nr_cores;

But neither "--include include/linux/of.h" nor "--recursive-includes"
does help the case for me?