[Cocci] Finding function implementations that call only a single function.

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 17 16:30:40 CET 2014

> I suggest to reconsider this situation once more.

I have looked at my script "list_functions_with_single_function_call5.cocci" again.

> * It can be that I got stuck somehow in this application variant as the
>   number of relevant rules grew.

It seems that I made a bit progress in a better direction.

Now I stumble on the next detail problem if I try to design the needed
SmPL rules for more specific source code.

* How can it be excluded with the semantic patch language to match non-pointer
  data types with the metavariable type "type?"
* Which is the best way to distinguish non-pointer types from pointer data types
  with metavariables?