[Cocci] Addition of source code documentation generation to the build system?

Arie Middelkoop amiddelk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 17:34:40 CET 2013

I'm sorry but configure generates only constants containing paths,
which specify - depending on the system configuration and preferences
- where binaries/sources of various packages are located. It does not
generate invocations of the ocaml compiler nor of ocamldoc.

Like with all other tools, in order to use ocamldoc you'll need to
make sure that it gets the appropriate inputs, such as compiled
interface files. You could use our makefiles as a starting point to
help you in this process. However, it will involve manual labour. It
is neither clear to me that what you want is actually possible. When I
tried it once, ocamldoc failed to parse some sources, so you cannot
expect it to handle evertything.

As I wrote before, ocamlbuild has some hidden magic for documentation
generation. So if you can get coccinelle to build with it, you might
get documentation out as well without having to do a lot of work. Note
that we do not officially support ocamlbuild so if it does not work
for you, you can forget this last paragraph.

Arie