[Cocci] Addition of source code documentation generation to the build system?

Julia Lawall julia.lawall at lip6.fr
Tue Mar 5 11:49:09 CET 2013

On Tue, 5 Mar 2013, SF Markus Elfring wrote:

> >> I guess that I will need a technique to determine include paths for the
> >> referenced modules consistently.
> >
> > I think you could grep for them in the makefile.
>
> This approach will not work because the "Makefile" will be generated by the
> configuration script (build specification).

It would seem reasonable to run configure first.

But anyway, I don't think that the configureation script generates the
makefiles.  The make files are static, and they include other files that
are generated by the configuration file.  But the include information is
in the static part.

> > I don't know anything about this tool, but I would expect that it would
> > follow the same strategy as the rest of the ocaml tools for respolving
> > dependencies.
>
> I would also appreciate if the program "ocamldoc" could eventually benefit more
> from the OCaml infrastructure to make the approach a bit more convenient and
> safe.   ;-)
> I find that the challenge remains to construct relevant parameters by usual
> software development (with M4 programming language) here.

I think you should take it up with the ocaml developers.  Surely others
would appreciate this functionality, if it does not already exist.