[Cocci] 1.0.0-rc16: Further fine-tuning for the build system?

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 4 16:40:29 CET 2013

> I don't know what strategy ocamlfind follows, in detail.  Perhaps it would be
> more reasonable to take up the problem with them, since it is a general problem?

I have repeated the following command once more.

Sonne:/home/elfring/Projekte/Menhir/20130116 # make -j6 PREFIX=/usr/local install

Now I get an expected result.

elfring at Sonne:~/Projekte/Coccinelle/Bau> ocamlfind query menhirLib
/usr/lib64/ocaml/site-lib/menhirLib

It seems that I was affected by a "questionable" installation order. I am
curious on improvements also for this software library.
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~fpottier/menhir/

Does it eventually need better configuration checks?

But I notice another surprise.

elfring at Sonne:~/Projekte/Coccinelle/Bau> ../lokal/configure --enable-opt
--enable-ocaml --enable-python --enable-release
configure: loading site script /usr/share/site/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
configure: configuring coccinelle 1.0.0-rc15 in
/home/elfring/Projekte/Coccinelle/Bau
checking for OCaml findlib package menhirLib... found
configure: verifying optional features
checking for menhir... /usr/local/bin/menhir
checking python version... 2.7 found
configure: python major version: 2
configure: looking for the corresponding python library
checking for PYTHON... no
../lokal/configure: line 15081:
/home/elfring/Projekte/Coccinelle/Bau/setup/fake-subst.sh: No such file or directory
configure: error: the python scripts feature is enabled but the pkg-config
python library is not found

How should this error message be resolved?
https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/issues/9